Elsevier and the American Medical Association have partnered to co-publish this ICD-9-CM reference by Carol J. Buck!
Code quickly and effectively with the 2010 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals, Vol. 1, 2, and 3, Professional Edition. Combining Netterâs Anatomy art and the 2009 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) with a format designed by coders for coders, this handy, spiral-bound reference helps you easily access the information you need to stay up to date and ensure the most accurate billing and maximum reimbursement in physician-based and inpatient coding. Plus, you can take this resource into your certification exams for enhanced testing support!
- Coverage of all three ICD-9-CM volumes fulfills all of your coding needs with one comprehensive guide.
- Convenient spiral binding provides easy access in practice settings.
- Full-color illustrations enhance your comprehension of difficult terminology, diseases/conditions, and specific coding situations.
- The 2009 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are listed in the front matter of the manual and again by the codes to which they refer for fast, easy access the coding rules.
- Symbols throughout the text alert you to new, revised, and deleted codes.
- Symbols and color-coded annotations clearly identify codes that require special consideration before assigning, such as nonspecific codes, includes and excludes, use additional, code first, and codes that cannot be assigned as principal diagnoses.
- Present on Admission symbol highlights particular diseases that will always be coded as present on admission.
- CC and MCC symbols help you instantly recognize codes associated with the presence of secondary diagnoses from MS-DRGs.
- Detailed disease explanations provide more information on common diseases and conditions, helping you code more effectively.
- Authorized support you can take